Thursday 19 March 2009

Simplicity


Recently I'm feeling that I want to simplify my work. Although I love digital and the flexibility it brings to the shooting and post production process, I feel that I'm incrementally becoming less of a photographer and more of a photo illustrator, tampering with everything in an infinitely malleable digital file. Indeed, it seems the industry is going this way and never really asking the question "Should we do this?". With advent of the photoshop or internet model who will remain stubbornly plain in real life unless someone invents glasses that do 8 hours of retouching on everything you see, I'm simplifying what I do and trying to get by with film, a scanner with some contrast control and dodging and burning. Above is a picture of Lara unretouched and naturally beautiful.

No comments: